Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday the 7th

Well, it seems like forever since I have been able to write. Life is getting so busy lately. I would much rather be busy than to be bored but then again, you don't want to be so busy you cannot enjoy the life around you. So far it isn't too bad, but it will have to slow down eventually.

It looks like AT&T will be striking tomorrow. This has been looming over our heads since April. You think that we would have quite a bit saved up since then. To be honest we barely make it paycheck to paycheck and then with medical issues in between, it has made it impossible!! So I am sure Paul will be looking for part time work starting tomorrow. He is a hard worker and I know he will do what he needs to keep the family afloat! I also know that God is all powerful and all knowing. He will provide what He knows we need. Sometimes I forget that it may not be what we think we need, but we will be fine through Him and Him alone. I am starting to look at possibilities of what I can do on a part time basis to help the family out, strike or not. Regardless if Paul goes back to work Monday, we are needing the extra money. I have so many volunteer positions, which is very fullfilling, but realistically it doesn't bring any money in. What I love about Paul and I is that we agree NO amount of money is worth your time with your family. God's greatest commandment is Love! Now, providing for your family is important and necessary to obviously survive, but we can live by means that most cannot. I am happy and content with our life with what I have right now. I need no more to be truly happy. Would it help and do I have wants? Heck yea! I wouldn't be human if I didn't. The difference is I CAN live WITHOUT them, but would like to have them. ;) Kylee asked if we were going to have to move since Daddy is striking! Isn't that sad?!? She usually knows the drill when Daddy has to start a new job. Those things make me want to work if I have to. It is important to be with your children if you can. I know everyone cannot, but if you can it is the most important thing you can give your children. But giving them stability is important too. You can obviously see I am very up and down right now, what's new - right!?

There is sooooo much more going on in our lives right now, Kylee has her tour of her new school today and we are trying to get everything ready for the academy. We were almost 100% ready for Ditto, so now back to the beginning. She starts school on the 19th now as well! Whew! Then she has her scope on Monday! Please keep her in your prayers. She is doing better about the situation but is still obviously nervous. The death question has definitly come up. I am sure it is traumatizing for her after everything that happened with Landon. Then Wednesday we are at Landon's 6 month angel Anniversary. We are struggling in a different way with things this month. We are definitly getting "mad fun of" for certain things we believe in or do to remember Landon. Half of the remarks come from very close friends or family. We don't get mad just because we know they have no clue what we are going through and they won't know unless it happened to them, and we pray to God it never does. Then we are finally starting to experience the lack of comments, the ones who don't care or the ones who don't think about it at all. Which we knew would happen, life continues on for most. For us, it is still very fresh and new and we are just having a rough time with the roller coaster ride of emotions. I will say this though. For the people who are doing the above things, we have MORE people Not doing those things. We have so many friends and family who continue to remember him and give things for his grave. I would say out of the 100% of our friends and famiy, it is about 5% of those who do the above. We have most of them support, love, and carrying us through. They allow us to do whatever it is we need to do or think to get through this. To those people - THANK YOU!! We love you more than you will EVER know. Thank God for our support groups as well. GOD IS GOOOD!!! Well the alarm is going off so that I need to get ready for our tour today. God bless you all and I hope you all have a wonderful Friday

-Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment