Monday, August 31, 2009

First FPU Blog

Ok guys! Paul and I have started Financial Peace University, yes again. We didn't fail last year, we just plain quit. I always used the excuse then up until yesterday that we quit because Dave Ramsey's emergency fund turned into a baby fund. But as I sat there last night listening to the first weeks lesson, I learned that I was using that as an excuse to not to do it at all. I mean it wasn't a surprise, when we started this last year I was already 2 to 3 months pregnant. I think Paul and I were not at a point where we wanted to hear that we were not doing what we were suppose to be doing with our money. I mean we are not ones to blow and go anymore, but we can definitly find ways to start making this work - we HAVE to, there is no other choice at this point.

When I sat down last night, it was like light bulbs had gone off in my head. Duh moments. I think it is different this time because we are doing it for us not for Judy or the church or to have something to do. We are REALLY wanting to get this started and to stay with it and do it correctly!! I know right now that this is NOT going to be easy!! But I am going to try my best, and have alot of support from many others around us.

Anyway, I am going to try and keep up with this FPU Blog post at least once a week if not more. It says to journal our experience, so I figured this would be the best place. This week we are doing our Basic Quickie Budget and reading chapters 1,2,3, and 10. ( If I can find my book from last year - I am pretty sure I know where it is) Actually hold on I am going to go look now instead of "putting it off"........YAY!!! I know you all can not see a time, but I actually knew eactly where it was. Took me a minute maybe to go get it out of our closet, man it was dusty...LOL!! Anyway, this is it now- I am handing ALL of my finances over to God. I hope, no I KNOW that if we do this correctly it WILL work for us. I guess you will have to keep up with me on here if you guys want to see our results the whole way through until the end, or should I say until our new beginning!!

-Missy

3 comments: